Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladybugs and Flowers

Ladybugs and flowers go together like peas and corn! I usually don't like bugs in my garden but ladybugs are an exception. I really liked the flowers that I found on the Cricut Lite cartridge "Live Simply". I wanted to incorporate a lady bug in my project so I used one that I found in a daisy stamp set that I got (see Black Eyed Susans post for the flower image). I used Versamark on the pink cardstock to make my own patterned paper with ladybugs on it. I also stamped a lady bug in Coral (SU) on the frame in the center of my card. The frame cut is also from Live Simply cart. I added some Stickles to the bug on the flower. The buttons are from my stash and I adhered them onto the flower centers using glue dots. I also embossed a plaid pattern onto the citron color cardstock for a little texture. The sentiment is from PTI.

Contest -

BBTB2 - Boys will be boys : Ladybug Challenge

Black-Eyed Susans

I really liked the colors that were picked for this week's challenge over at Colour Q. The colors
are so bright and cheerful. I used a stamp set that I recently purchased from Archivers. I believe it is a Hero Arts set but I'd have to go upstairs to check on that for you... anyway, I colored it with some Copics, stamped over the image with a French script background stamp (SU). I made a stick pin with some goodies from my stash (the stick pin itself is from Making Memories). The butterfly images also came with the daisies so they are from the same set. I used several punches, some ribbon and also a button for extra "oomf". :)
Here are the contests I am entering this in:
ColourQ - Challenge #7
Card Patterns - Sketch #105

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

PTI - Make it Mondays Challenge

I just bought this April Sweet Pea Stamp set from PTI. I love the flower image. I guess it must be my longing for spring!
Here in Colorado spring is starting to make an appearance but it is more of a tease. Some snow, then sun, then snow again. But at least spring is coming!
Now on to the challenge. PTI's Make it Mondays challenge is to use some distressing on your card and I did that on the main flower image as well as the sentiment tag. I distressed those edges with my scissors. I also used some creamy caramel ink (SU) to distress the edges of the natural color cardstock from my stash. I used my scoring board to score some lines around my cardstock to make a border. I curled the doily, tore the vellum strip and used a MS punch for the bottom strip (it's light pink but I'm not sure if it really shows up in this picture). I attached a button (PTI) to some MS ribbon using embroidery floss. Then I stuck that on a mini wooden clothespin. The sentiment (PTI) is stamped in Old Olive (SU).
I hope my spring days are right around the corner! Thanks for stopping by.