Saturday, July 16, 2011

MIM #23: Pockets with Edger dies










I really liked the MIM challenge over at Papertrey Ink!!!! It was about making pockets and using cute edger dies to flourish the pocket edges. I don't know about you, but I love pockets! Sometimes I find them just too plain and try to figure out different ways to decorate them to make them pretty while still being functional. Especially when it comes to holding something important, like a gift card or money.

Which brings me to the card that I needed to make. I had a just-got-married type of party to go to this week. The bride and groom were married in a different state and then came back to their hometown to celebrate with the rest of the friends and family. They are moving overseas at the end of the month so I wanted to give them a gift card instead of a present. I needed a pocket for my card so that I could place the gift card inside. And the MIM challenge gave me the inspiration that I needed!

Card deets:

Paper- Ocean Tides, Fine Linen (PTI) and pattern paper by Basic Grey

Sentiment - Tag Its #3 (PTI)

Ink -Galaxy Gold (Tsukineko), Close to Cocoa (SU)

Dies - Edgers #1, Beautiful BloomsII #1(PTI)

Other - embroidery floss, key and lock brads (i just broke off the brad parts)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment