Monday, June 28, 2010

A Purse for Paula!





The past two weeks have been really busy for me. We are having VBS at my church this week and I am in charge of the crafts (go figure). I'm really excited to do the crafts with the kids! So I've spent quite some time prepping for this week and now that it's here I'm hoping all that organizing will pay off! Especially since I have been neglecting my blog and my own personal crafts for weeks. It is painful to admit that I have had a new cartridge for over a week and I haven't been able to touch it or even make anything with it (it is the new Lite cart "Hoot n Holler").

My girlfriend's birthday snuck up on me and I needed to make a quick card and gift for her. It felt so good to head off to my craft table! Here is a quick birthday gift that I made for my friend, Paula. I used the Forever Young cartridge to make the purse and I covered the handle with some fun fur (yarn). I lined the inside of the purse with some patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I also made some flowers using the Forever Young Cart, some hot glue, a glass pearl, some Tattered Angels and some stickles. I added some faux stitching to the edges of the purse.

Then I made a matching birthday card. I used the scallop Stampin' Up border punch and a scallop circle punch (i think it's a Marvy one). To go along with the polka dots in the paper, I used Platinum Dew Drop ink with a Hero Arts Cling stamp to add a little pattern to the inner circle behind the flower. I also stuff the purse with some of her favorite candies!!!!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment: