Friday, July 30, 2010

Pastel Christmas



I don't know about you but I have a hard time making pastel cards. Period. I really like these challenges for Christmas in July and this one for Cupcake Cards Challenge was to make one in pastels. Here is my take on it:
Cartridge used: Joy of the Season
Ice skate cut at 2 1/2 "
Paper used from my stash. I used an EK success border punch. I "laced" the ice skate with some light pink thread and added some SU dimensionals on it. The snowflakes and the sentiment are from a Hero Arts stamp set. I used Platinum Dew Drop ink to stamp the snow flakes and SU's Close to Cocoa to stamp the sentiment.

Challenge:
Cupcake - Pastel Christmas


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn, what a pretty card. I love the papers and your "laced" ice skate looks amazing. Thanks for joining in with my "pastel Christmas" challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x
    Ps I have candy on my blog if you want to call over :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely and elegant card Carolyn ! Love the soft colours... Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete