Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I made this card for my mom for Mother's day. I even dusted off the cricut for this one! The idea I got from Papercrafts latest magazine (May/June 2011). There were lots of great ideas for cards paying homage to the seamstresses in our lives! My mom did some sewing and we would laugh at those first attempts that she made for years to come. She also made some really wonderful and beautiful things for me and my family since those first early days. I just knew that I wanted to make a card with a sewing theme for her.





I used my cherished paper pack, Stella and Rose-Mabel (MME), for the patterned papers here. It also have me a great color scheme to work with (almost similar to the one I used last year for Mother's Day).





Here's the skinny on the products I used:



Cardstock: Kraft, Stella and Rose-Mabel (MME), brown bag I saved from a gift shop at a museum (it had a cool vintage look to it like an old newspaper)



Cricut : Dress Form cut at 5" (Forever Young Cart)



Stamps: Background Basics-Text Style (PTI), Doily from MME



Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink (T.H.), black IDentipen (Sakura), Tiger Lily Glimmer Mist



Fibers: thin ribbon (MS), Cream Tulle, stitching lines sewn with my sewing machine



Other embellies: mini safety pin (JoAnn's), Stick Pin, Pearls, beads from my stash, Decorative Brad from Stella and Rose-Hattie "Happy", Mini Tag Paperpunch (MS), Scalloped circle punch (Marvy)


No comments:

Post a Comment