Friday, May 6, 2011

Stella and Rose - Just call me Mabel!



Happy Friday! The last few weeks have been a major cramp in my crafting fun. We had so many events going on with my kids' school that I didn't have time to do anything much less take a picture of it.... until today. I recently purchase a paper pack from My Mind's Eye called Stella and Rose (Mabel) and it sat neglected while I was so busy. It was calling to me; and when I answered it gave me so much crafting pleasure! I love when I see certain colors and visions of papercrafting float around in my head. :)






I really like the layout of this card based on this week's Cards Pattern Sketch (#113). It was just the right layout and a super fun challenge. The color choices came from the colors in the paper pack. Super easy, right? And I just love that it has a blend of a couple of different styles.


Here's the list on the goodies I used:

Cardstock - Lagoon (Bazzill), Stella and Rose --Mabel (MME)
Inks - Vintage Photo (TH), New Canvas (PTI)

Stamp - Doily image (on the blue tag) is from Stella and Rose (MME)

Fibers - Lace - Mabel Little Lady Trims (MME), Natural Twine and Satin Ribbon (PTI), Aqua Organdy Ribbon (picked up at Joann's in a bin). I used my sewing machine to stitch along a border.

Other accessories - Vintage Buttons (PTI), Hanging Charm is from my girlfriend's stash of doodads.




Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is sooo sweet Carolyn! Love that vintage button and the lace added such great shabby accent to your card. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is good, beautiful and creative ..

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete